The Malta Classical Music Academy will be held from the
17th April to the 11th May 2021 and will consist of 3 COURSES:
- Course I (17 - 24 April)
- Course II (24 April - 2 May)
- Course III (3 - 11 May)
THE ACADEMY FACULTIES:
- Piano Faculty
- Strings Faculty
- Wind Faculty
- Voice Faculty
THE ACADEMY COURSE INCLUDES:
- Participation in masterclasses (active or passive)
- Full access to “InClassica” Malta International Music Festival
- Entrance to the MCMA Lunchtime Concerts and open events
- Diploma of Completion at the end of the course
REGULATIONS FOR PARTICIPATION
Registration for the Academy Course is open to applicants of all nationalities.
There is no age restriction.
Please note all minor participants should be accompanied by adults (either relatives or teachers). Hence these adults should be registered as passive participants of the Academy.
* Active participant will get:
- 2 masterclasses with ‘Primary Professor’
- 1 masterclass with ‘Alternative Professor 1’
- 1 masterclass with ‘Alternative Professor 2’
Participant may indicate their Professor preferences on the Registration form
Important Notice! Please note that the preference of the participant for their choice of professors will be taken into consideration as much as possible, however final results cannot be guaranteed and will be announced after the 1th of March 2021.
MCMA LUNCHTIME CONCERTS
- ACTIVE participants will have the opportunity to take part in a concert programme and perform onstage together with symphony and chamber orchestras.
- To take part in a concert programme participants should choose one musical piece from the list and submit their registration form indicating the chosen piece.
- Audio/video recordings of the chosen musical piece should be sent before 1 March 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The jury will provide feedback to the audio/video recordings of the participant and announce the selected ones who will participate in the concerts.
- J. S. Bach - Concerto in F Minor
- W.A. Mozart - Concerto No. 20 in D Minor
- L. van Beethoven - Concerto No. 4
- F. Liszt - Concerto No. 1
- S. Rachmaninoff - Concerto No. 2
- W.A. Mozart - Violin Concerto No.3
- W.A. Mozart - Violin Concerto No.4
- W.A. Mozart - Violin Concerto No.5
- F. Mendelssohn - Concerto in E Minor
- M. Bruch - Concerto No. 1
- P.Tchaikovsky - Concerto in D Major
- P.I.Tchaikovsky - "Pezzo Capriccioso"
- P.I.Tchaikovsky - "Rococo Variations"
- A.Dvořak - Concerto (1st movement)
- A.Dvořak - Concerto (2&3 movements)
- C.Saint-Saens - Concerto
- E.Elgar - Concerto (1&2 movements)
- C.M. Weber - Concert for clarinet and orchestra op.73 n.1
- C.M. Weber - Concertino for clarinet and orchestra op.26
- S. Mercadante - Concert for clarinet and orchestra op.101
- W.A. Mozart - Concert for clarinet and orchestra KV 622
- G. Rossini - Introduzione Tema e Variazioni for clarinet and orchestra
- F. Krommer - Concert for clarinet and orchestra op.36
- P.Maurice - Tableaux de Provence
- D.Milhaud - Scaramouche
- A.Glazunov - Concerto
- L.E.Larsson - Konzert
- J.Ibert - Concertino da camera
- J.D.Michat - Shams
- C.Ph.E. Bach - Concerto in d minor Wq 22
- W.A. Mozart - Concerto in G Major k.313
- W.A. Mozart - Concerto in D Major K.314
- S. Mercadante - Concerto in e minor
- C. Reinecke - Flute Concerto op. 283
- J. Ibert - Flute Concerto
The participation for the open masterclasses is on a competitive basis and available for registered active students only.
The programme and structure of the open masterclasses varies according to the Professors demands. Find the special requirements for each Professor below:
The open masterclass will be considered as an additional bonus lesson for an active participant, who will be selected among others. Open masterclasses are open to the public. Please find the registration form here
- ACTIVE participation: €300 for a chosen period *
- PASSIVE participation: €100 for a chosen period
- The registration fee must be paid via bank transfer. The transfer reference should contain the following (listed sequentially):
- “Registration InClassica Academy”
- “Active” / “Passive” (dependent on participation choice)
- “Violin” / “Piano” / “Saxophone” / “Cello” (dependent on instrument)
- First name and surname
E.g. “Registration InClassica Academy Active Piano John Smith”
- Price (ACTIVE and PASSIVE) also includes:
- hotel accommodation (incl. breakfast)
- transportation between the venue and hotel (morning and evening)
- Please note that the registration fee is non-refundable **
- The deadline for completing the registration form is 1 March 2021.
- All registration forms completed after the deadline will be held on the waiting list, successful applications from which will be confirmed closer to the engagement date (depending on availability).
- The European Foundation for Support of Culture (“The Organiser”) cannot be held responsible for any loss or damages to any persons or property during the event.
* Special price of €50 is applied for Maltese Citizens and Residents.
** In case the event is cancelled/postponed or the participant is not allowed to travel due to restrictions in place as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, all registration fees already processed shall be immediately refunded by the payee to the payer(s) without reservation.
If you have any further questions please contact email@example.com
The complete participation fee must be paid together with application.
The Application procedure must be done online. Candidates will not be admitted to the masterclasses unless payment is received. In case of withdrawal, subscription money will not be reimbursed.
Please transfer the fee to:
Bank: Bank of Valletta p.l.c.,
Triq Manwel Dimech, Balluta, Sliema, SLM 1051
Account Holder: European Foundation for Support of Culture
Payment reference: Registration Academy, way of participation, instrument, first name and surname
E.g. “Registration Academy Active Piano John Smith”