Meruert Karmenova Kazakhstan ← Back to list
Karmenova Meruert was born in 1993 in Pavlodar. She started studying violin at the Tchaikovsky Music School. From 2004 to 2012 she studied at the Gnesiny secondary special school. In 2012 she entered the Moscow State (Tchaikovsky) Conservatory. In 2017 she graduated from the Tchaikovsky Conservatory under the direction of Tatiana Berkul. She is a graduate of the Moscow Conservatory.
In September 2018, she has been artist in residence at the Music Chapel, under the guidance of Augustin Dumay.
Meruert is Laureate of international competitions: In 2007, she won the 2nd prize of The II International Competition of violinists – D. F. Oistrakh in Moscow;
• In 2008, the first prize at the II International Violin Competition in Kazakhstan (Astana)In 2010 the 1st prize at the VII International Competition of Musicians “Symphony” in Volgograd and the 1st prize at the VI International Violin Competition – L. van Beethoven in Austria.
• In 2012, the 1st prize of the XVIII Tolyatti International Competition of Music Performers, the 1st prize of the XVIII Open competition of musicians – N.Sabitov, and the 1st prize of the VI Demidov International Youth Violin Competition “De Mux” in Ekaterinburg.
• In 2013 the 2nd prize of the V International D. Oistrakh violin competition in Moscow.
• In 2014, the 4th prize of the 33 International Violin Competition “Premio Rudolfo Lipizer” (Italy, Gorizia).
• In 2016 the 5th prize of the VI International Violin Competition in Sendai (Japan), and the 3d prize of The II International Violin Competition Oleg Krusa in Ukraine.
• In 2017, the 1st prize of The European Music Games competition in Kazakhstan, Astana.
In 2018, the 1st prize and special prize for the best interpretation of a work by a contemporary composer Alexey Shor “Riga Classic Strings” competition in Riga – Latvia.
In 2019, the 1 prize “Vienna classic strings and festival” International competition.
2019 Queen Elizabeth Competition, semifinalist.